Tuesday, February 12, 2019

It happened to me but I saved !!


It happened to me I saved myself, you should too!!

Recently I was approached by a client for the branding of a resort. This client projected himself as a millionaire and pose as less experienced in digital marketing. As a startup company, my team was very excited to pursue this client. We analyzed his work and quoted the best possible price to get the job. He agreed to give us the project and used to call on a daily basis for the progress status and talk about his investments, business and family matters etc., we got friendly soon. In expectation of a good business, I bore with him. 

Soon he agreed to send us the full amount in advance, not in installments. He was willing to hand over his all digital marketing works to us.

Discussions kept going over the calls ... felt like I was his family member. He even asked for If I need any investment in my business. 

Now the actual game starts – Asking several times for the payment, he kept making several genuine excuses and even one day he asked me to come and visit his resort for discussions & collection of data as well as the amount on his expenses. He asked my available schedule to get the flight tickets done. 

In between his resort manager keep sharing his report videos/photos/offers. 

On the day I was supposed to get the flight tickets in the evening that same afternoon he asked me to transfer Rs 25k in his Paytm account. He told that “I missed my wallet along with cards at home and I urgently need to transfer money to someone. I will return it soon after reaching home”. 

There was an instant click on my mind that there is some catch so as per my awareness of fraud incidents I politely denied him with some excuses. 

And after that from that day onwards... I tried to call & message him several times but he hadn’t responded once. Therefore I started digging and researching about him, later I found that he was a fraud. Owner of the resort is someone else and also resort is maintained by Government tourism board. 

So this is the benefit of awareness: “It worked for me I hope it will work for you”. Beware mates... don’t trust blindly on anyone and never pay money to anyone without knowing him personally.

if something similar happened to you also then put in comments and help others to save because TOGETHER WE CAN GROW

No comments:

Post a Comment